Ashley Grenstone is a professional visual artist with education from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD, 3yrs for BA in Design Stream; 2011) and self taught through experimentation in various fine arts forms, mediums and styles.
Her works have been shown in several individual and group exhibitions:
– ‘To Be Continued: Troubling the Queer Archive‘ by Cara Tierney and Anna Shah Hoque, Carleton University Art Gallery (CUAG) Ottawa 2020 – May 2021;
– ‘RAW Ottawa: Ovation’, Ottawa, 2018;
– John B Aird Gallery, Toronto, 2017;
– Carleton University Art Gallery, Ottawa, 2014;
– Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 2008;
The transition from up-and-coming to ‘Recognized Professional Artist’ is a slow and contemplative process for Ashley but it’s fruition will ultimately interconnect her professional experience, academic knowledge, and artistic practice into a life’s work of a truly unique nature.