Kwe Kwe / Hello / Bonjour Beautiful Peoples,
How are you? Are you eating enough? Are you getting rest and taking time to tend to your basic needs? It’s always good to check-in with yourself and loved ones after being busy for a period of time.
The world is, at the time of writing this, still dealing with the global pandemic and this stress in addition to everything else we have going on in our own lives can build up rather quickly. Maybe – if you can/want to – take a moment to reflect on how stress changes our attitudes and responses to situations. Do you find yourself snapping at others more, or seeking comfort in habits that might have a negative affect the longer we depend on them? That’s okay. It really is. We’re not perfect, and how we deal can often fall short of the expectations we or others have set.
The key, I believe, rests in a phrase I have most definitely overused at this point: “Theory drives us, Practice defines us”. For it is in the practice of betterment that we find the means to improve ourselves, rather than any single action. Practice takes time. It also takes trial and error, an open mind, and patience with ourselves and others.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings, let’s get to the updates!
2nd quarter, Q2: 1 April – 30 June (91 days)
I think these posts/updates provide accountability and an opportunity for others to see and learn from my experiences as a business owner. Not to mention it helps my keep track of everything 😉
What I’ve worked on according to the outline I drafted in the first quarter of 2021:
- I have been learning more about 3D Design, including Modelling and taking beginner lessons with how to use game dev engines like Unity and Unreal;
- Reaching out to professionals in the renewable energy sector re youth investment in closed-circuit phone charging ( Ref#1 );
- I used 90% of my financial reserves during this period to cover costs for rent, utilities, etc. and took on different forms of work to be able to hold onto that last 10%. It was rough, but I was able to come out of it without new kinds of debt such as loans or borrowing money from others, and that to me is not only a win but further evidence of my endurance, patience and planning.
Can’t emphasize enough how significant a change it is to be on anti-depressants that also tackle my anxiety!! I’m writing this with absolute ease and there are no voices making this process painfully destructive for me. It’s remarkable!!
End of 2nd Quarter update
3rd quarter, Q3: 1 July – 30 September (92 days)
The third quarter opened with the exciting news that I was hired by the ‘2Spirits in Motion Society’ (2SiMS) to be one of 2 ‘National 2S Youth Coordinators’ for a project that prioritizes creating a positive digital presence for two-spirit youths nationally. The opportunity is an exciting 9 month full-time contract (the biggest I’ve been given) and everyday I learn even more about myself and different methods on how to navigate the process of project management from concept to implementation.
This quarter involved extensive work within my role at 2SiMS and the financial security it provided gave me room to put things here in stasis for a period of time. Fortunately with a shift in responsibilities I am able to tend to business needs before things pick up at work again:
- I have the luxury of using a desktop provided by my employer for working remotely and I am taking advantage of that whenever I have the spare time to expand my design knowledge and learning of Human Systems Intervention.;
- I will bee returning to my masters program in fall 2022 therefore I am taking time to learn more about the Human systems and mapping this knowledge base for both study and sharing;
End of 3nd Quarter update
This brings an end to all updates with myself and the ‘Ashley Grenstone’ business/brand. I’ve learned from this new ‘Quarter’ posting schedule that the “quality over quantity” I now strive for comes with the additional necessity to “post content and not stall with editing”. A lesson I know will be of importance at work.
REF: First quarter, Q1: 1 January – 31 March (90 days or 91 days in leap years) Second quarter, Q2: 1 April – 30 June (91 days) Third quarter, Q3: 1 July – 30 September (92 days) Fourth quarter, Q4: 1 October – 31 December (92 days)
Leave a Reply